& Bloody Mary Challenge
Aztec Municipal Golf Course
#29 Road 3025, Aztec, New Mexico
Saturday, August 10th, 2019
3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
We are thrilled to have you participate in this exciting new community event to benefit San Juan Medical Foundation | PO Box 110, Farmington, NM 87499 | 505.609.6805 | EIN: 85-0330156
TACOS, TACOS, TACOS!!! This is your opportunity to show off your culinary skills and create unique tacos! Sweet or savory; anything goes! Serve any kind of tacos that will make yours stand out from the crowd!!
Do the same with Bloody Marys or Bloody Marias!! Make your Bloody Mary mix and your garnishes uniquely you!! The tastier and more appealing to the eye, the better!
The public is invited to join the fun and try samples of the tacos and Bloody Marys and then vote for their favorite! Invite your clients, friends and family to this fun-filled 21 & older event! They will enjoy live music, great food and drinks! Entry is $30 per person. Each guest will receive a wristband upon entry.
VENDOR ENTRY FEE: $50 – A tax-deductible donation to the San Juan Medical Foundation, a 501(c)3. Our mission is “Enhancing the health and well-being of people in the Four Corners community.”
How the competition works: Each guest will receive five (5) tickets upon entry, which will be used to vote for their favorite taco and Bloody Mary in the categories below:
Taco Throw Down Categories:
Best Sweet Taco and Best Savory Taco
Bloody Mary Challenge Categories:
Best Dressed Mary (Garnishes) and Most Tasteful Mary
Taco & Bloody Mary Voting:
A ticket container, marked clearly for each entry, will be placed on each food and/or drink vendor table. Guests will vote for their favorite by placing a ticket in the container for the corresponding entry. At 6:15, the containers will be collected and tickets will be counted. The vendor that has the most ticket stubs in a single container will win the category indicated. Winners will be announced at 7:00 p.m.
The winner of each category will receive a trophy to display proudly at their restaurant.
1. All vendors/servers must be 21 years of age.
2. There will be a short mandatory meeting of all vendors at 2:30 p.m. to review rules and expectations.
3. ELECTRICITY IS NOT PROVIDED. – There is no electricity provided at the event location.
4. Vendors must supply your own equipment and utensils, canopy, table & chairs.
5. Vendors are required to be set up and ready to serve at 2:45 p.m.
Taco Throw Down Rules:
1. Tacos must be made by the contestant/restaurant whose name appears on the Vendor Agreement. No foodservice/store bought, or frozen tacos allowed.
2. Vendors must have their own stem thermometer. Taco meat must be maintained at 135° – 140° F.
3. Salsa for tacos must be maintained at 41° F or below.
4. A minimum of 300 bite-size taco samples is required from each vendor for each category entered. (You may provide more, which offers you the opportunity for more potential votes.)
5. All portions must be presented in an attractive and professional manner.
6. Samples will be provided free of charge to all guests wearing a Taco Throw Down issued wristband.
7. Each vendor will limit samples to 2 per guest.
8. Vendors may sell full-size tacos to guests, at their discretion, for the vendor’s designated price.
9. A vendor representative must be present to serve their tacos at all times during the event.
10. Vendors will be allowed to distribute and display promotional material representing the vendor.
11. Vendors may only serve guests wearing an official Taco Throw Down wristband.
Bloody Mary Contest Rules:
1. All alcohol for the Bloody Mary Contest samples, and full size Bloody Mary sales, must be purchased by the vendor, from the Aztec Municipal Golf Course under their NM state issued liquor license.
2. Each vendor participating in the Bloody Mary Challenge shall have a licensed alcohol server at their booth at all times to serve any drink containing alcohol.
3. A minimum of 300 samples is required from each vendor. (You may provide more, which may provide you with the opportunity for more potential votes.) Samples do not have to include alcohol.
4. Vendors agree to provide 1 oz. samples of their special Bloody Marys to guests free of charge for voting purposes. Sample cups will be provided. Samples do not have to include alcohol.
5. Each vendor will limit samples to 2 per guest.
6. Vendors may sell full size Bloody Marys to guests at their discretion, for the vendor’s designated price, using only alcohol purchased from Aztec Municipal Golf Course, the NM liquor licensed venue owner.
7. Bloody Mary mix, garnishes, ice, and full size cups for drink sales are to be provided by the vendor.
8. Vendors may only serve guests wearing an official Taco Throw Down wristband.
Please contact us today to enter! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 505.609.6813