38th Annual Cancer Walkathon
Let's Walk Together...Saturday, September 22, 2018
Check-In and Late Registration - 7AM
Kickoff activities - 7:45AM | Walk begins at 8AM
We will meet in the San Juan Regional Medical Center Southeast parking lot
(on Piñon Street behind the hospital).
To raise funding support and awareness for the Connelly Hospitality House and the San Juan Medical Foundation.
The Walkathon is the Foundation’s premier annual event and it is the fundraising effort that supports the Connelly Hospitality House and the San Juan Medical Foundation’s mission -- enhancing the health and well-being of people in the Four Corners community.
Rain or shine, hundreds of compassionate and generous people gather to pay tribute to friends and loved ones who have or are experiencing cancer treatment. With every stride, they will make a difference for someone who needs and deeply appreciates the support of others.
Register Today! Visit our website, call us, visit our facebook page, or stop by the SJMF office (730 S. Lake St., Farmington NM). Everyone who registers will receive a Complimentary 7-Day Pass to Anytime Fitness!
Taking Part Is Easy!Register to Walk, Sponsor a Walker, Become a Volunteer, or Make a Donation!
Collect Donations! Ask friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, businesses and corporations to sponsor your walk. You can download a donation log above. Everyone who raises $50.00 or more will receive a Cancer Walkathon t-shirt. Raise more and qualify for some great prizes!
100 - Walk & Roll
100 - Walk & Roll!
Since we are going to be walking or biking all summer anyway. . .
Join the 100 - Walk & Roll and set the pace for the 38th Annual Cancer Walkathon!
• Registration is $11 per person, and includes a 100 T-shirt (while supplies last) and a mile tracker.
• San Juan Regional Medical Center has generously donated 100 pedometers to the first registrants, from their FET program, as an incentive to get out there and walk!
• Track your miles – walk/run/hike/bike
• Post photos on social media of yourself racking up miles, tag SJMF
and use hashtags: #SJMF #team100 #daysmilesdollars
• Invite friends to follow you on your social media profiles
• The first 100 to register will receive a FREE 3 day pass to Defined Fitness.
Keep track of your progress using a pedometer, Fitbit, or smartphone app and log your miles in your tracking log. Wear your shirt when you walk to show your support!
• 2,000 steps = 1 mile
• 10,000 steps = 5 miles
• Fairgrounds Park Softball Fields Loop = 990 steps
• Farmington Sports Complex = 1.03 miles
• Berg Park- Bridge to Bridge Loop = 1.15 miles
• Sycamore Park Outside Loops = .36 miles
• Bloomfield Verde Del Rio San Juan Park loop =766 steps
Set Your Sponsorship Goal
• Be Optimistic – Excitement is contagious!
• Be Committed – Make the first pledge yourself.
• Ask Anyone and Everyone – If you don’t ask, they won’t give.
• Ask for a Specific Amount – Set a goal.
• Encourage donors to ask local businesses for a matching gift.
• Send Emails and/or Text Messages – Announce your plans to participate.
Submit your completed mile tracking log and money raised to San Juan Medical Foundation by September 14, 2018.
Walk/run/hike/bike 100 miles and raise over $100 to receive a commemorative insulated stainless steel tumbler and special recognition at the 38th Annual Cancer Walkathon on September 22, 2018. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for a special prize!