Ways to be Involved in GET PINKED
- Hold GET PINKED kick-off assembly
- Honor local cancer survivors during athletic events
- Prepare cancer prevention announcements at school
- Send cancer prevention information to parents
- Engage local media to promote cancer prevention
- Create Survivorship Banner to honor those who currently have cancer or who have survived it
- Create Memorial Banner with names of those we've lost
- Include cancer prevention material in classes (health classes, essays, speeches, etc.)
- Wear pink jerseys
- Wear pink shoelaces, wrist-bands, socks, etc.
- Personalize "I Play For" jerseys with the name of someone who has or had cancer
- Choose honorary captains who are local cancer survivors
- Wear pink uniform tops
- Wear pink shoelaces, ribbons, socks, etc.
- Personalize "I Cheer For" t-shirts
- Create special cheers
- Choose honorary cheerleaders who are local cancer survivors
- Make pink cancer banner for team to run through
For Band Members..
- Wear pink tops or hats
- Personalize "I March For" t-shirts
- Prepare special inspirational music
- March in a cancer ribbon formation
For Student Council Leaders...
- Host cancer awareness assembly
- Create cancer prevention skits for elementary or junior high students
- Visit cancer patients
- Honor local health care professionals who serve cancer patients
- Make personalized pink ribbons to honor cancer patients
- Click here for a list of fundraising ideas for your school
Register Your School...
- Click here to download the registration form to register your school