The Connelly Hospitality House
- Connelly Hospitality House opened its doors in March, 2000. Since then the hospitality house has served 1200 families. Over half of the families staying at Connelly House are dealing with cancer. Other families are dealing with traumatic injuries.
- Guests who stay at the house must live 50 miles or more from San Juan Regional Medical Center.
- Connelly Hospitality House, with 8 guest rooms, a laundry facility, a library which also has a computer with Internet service, a large, completely equipped kitchen, and an activity room, is truly a "home away from home."
- The hospitality house, conveniently located one block south from San Juan Regional Medical Center, provides easy access to the Cancer Center and the Medical Center.
- Families become a support to each other, whether they are cooking together or sitting in front of one of the two fireplaces chatting about their day.
- Connelly Hospitality House receives tremendous community support:
- Over 50 HOST (Helping Others, Serving Together) Volunteers assist with housekeeping and laundry thereby keeping operating costs at a minimum. HOSTS work week-ends, holidays and nights so that the hospitality house may be available 24 hours a day.
- Connelly Hospitality House is partially funded through the annual Cancer Walk-a-thon the last Saturday of September. Other funding comes through both corporate and personal donations.
To make a donation, click on the Donate button or mail your gift to
San Juan Medical Foundation, Connelly Hospitality House, PO Box 110, Farmington, NM 87499.
To inquire about lodging at Connelly House, keep in mind the patient/family needs to live over 50 miles from San Juan Regional Medical Center and every patient must have a caregiver, 18 years or over.
Contact Leslie Fitz: 505-609-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.