Our Mission Statement
The San Juan Medical Foundation is a community-based, independent, non-profit organization committed to enhancing health care in the Four Corners region in cooperation with San Juan Regional Medical Center.
SJMF Purpose Statement
- Assessing health care needs of the region for services, programs, facilities, technological advances, education and community involvement.
- Promoting the fulfillment of such needs as identified and prioritized by the community.
- Providing community philanthropic opportunity to invest in the Foundation.
- Providing opportunity for the contribution of volunteer time, energy, and commitment.
- Encouraging commemorative contributions for specific charitable, scientific, and educational purposes.
History of San Juan Medical Foundation
Welcome to the San Juan Medical Foundation. We are a community based, 501(c)(3), tax-exempt, independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing health care in the Four Corners region in cooperation with San Juan Regional Medical Center.
The Foundation was established in 1985 by a group of concerned citizens who saw the need for a state-of-the-art cancer care facility in San Juan County, and raised over a million dollars through the "That No One Shall Be Deprived" capital campaign. In just two years, a new cancer center was built and dedicated on August 12, 1987. Since that time, the Foundation has grown into a multi-faceted organization that helps to meet the healthcare needs of the region with patient assistance programs for uninsured or underinsured men, women & children; state of the art medical equipment and facilities; as well as health education programs and support groups.
In 2000, the Foundation expanded its efforts to include the Connelly Hospitality House, a healing "home away from home" for patients and their families who are receiving treatment and care at San Juan Regional Medical Center. In our most recent project, we partnered with the Robert W. Umbach Cancer Foundation to fund the construction of the new Cancer Center which opened in February of 2009.
Over the course of the last 27 years the Foundation has supported some very important projects at San Juan Regional Medical Center including:
- A fetal heart monitor for the Childbirth Center
- Echocardiogram equipment for cardiac patients
- An upper body ergometer for cardiac rehabilitation
- Sentinel node mapping equipment for cancer treatment
- A neoprobe 1500 portable radioisotope detector for the surgical department
- A cardiac cath lab for heart patients
You can become involved. Join us at one of our fundraising events….the annual Wings of Hope, Cancer Walkathon, Riley Industrial Services Men’s Charity Golf Classic, Get Pinked….or simply help by making a donation.
Help us as a volunteer at the Connelly House…join the 60 people who are making a difference in the lives of others on a daily basis as they assist patients and families with lodging needs in a warm, caring environment while they receive treatment.
We need you! After all, this is your organization, established by the citizens of San Juan County for the citizens of San Juan County.