100 - Walk & Roll!
Since we are going to be walking or biking all summer anyway. . .
Join the 100 - Walk & Roll and set the pace for the 38th Annual
• Registration is $11 per person, and includes a 100 T-shirt (while supplies last) and a mile tracker.
• San Juan Regional Medical Center has generously donated 100 pedometers to the first registrants, from their FET program, as an incentive to get out there and walk!
• Track your miles – walk/run/hike/bike • Post photos on social media of yourself racking up miles, tag SJMF and use hashtags: #SJMF #team100 #daysmilesdollars
• Invite friends to follow you on your social media profiles • The first 100 to register will receive a FREE 3 day pass to Defined Fitness.
Keep track of your progress using a pedometer, Fitbit, or smartphone app and log your miles in your tracking log. Wear your shirt when you walk to show your support!
• 2,000 steps = 1 mile
• 10,000 steps = 5 miles
• Fairgrounds Park Softball Fields Loop = 990 steps
• Farmington Sports Complex = 1.03 miles
• Berg Park- Bridge to Bridge Loop = 1.15 miles
• Sycamore Park Outside Loops = .36 miles
• Bloomfield Verde Del Rio San Juan Park loop =766 steps
Set Your Sponsorship Goal
• Be Optimistic – Excitement is contagious!
• Be Committed – Make the first pledge yourself.
• Ask Anyone and Everyone – If you don’t ask, they won’t give.
• Ask for a Specific Amount – Set a goal.
• Encourage donors to ask local businesses for a matching gift.
• Send Emails and/or Text Messages – Announce your plans to participate.
Submit your completed mile tracking log and money raised to San Juan Medical Foundation by September 14, 2018.
Walk/run/hike/bike 100 miles and raise over $100 to receive a commemorative insulated stainless steel tumbler and special recognition at the 38th Annual Cancer Walkathon on September 22, 2018. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for a special prize!